Nowadays, Invisalign is a popular choice for people who want to get their teeth straightened without having to wear traditional metal braces. Invisalign is a clear aligner system that uses custom-made trays made of a plastic material called SmartTrack® which gently shifts your teeth into place. The question remains – can you actually sleep in Invisalign trays? In this blog, we’ll dive deep into answering this question and more.
Invisalign treatment is a modern teeth-straightening option that uses plastic trays to gradually move your teeth into the desired position, rather than metal braces. The process begins with taking 3D scans of your mouth and developing custom-made Invisalign trays made of SmartTrack® material. You need to wear these Invisalign trays for around 22 hours every day, and you can take them out while eating or drinking anything other than water.
The answer is yes and no – it depends on what type of Invisalign tray you have. If you have standard Invisalign trays, then you should not sleep in them as it can cause damage to the Invisalign trays and slow down your Invisalign treatment. However, Invisalign also offers night-time Invisalign trays that are designed for sleeping in and provide a better fit than standard Invisalign trays.
There are several benefits to wearing Invisalign trays while sleeping:
• They help to keep your teeth in the correct position and prevent misalignment caused by sleeping on one side of your mouth.
• The Invisalign trays act like a guard and protect your teeth from grinding or clenching during sleep.
• Wearing Invisalign trays while sleeping can help to speed up the Invisalign treatment process and align your teeth faster.
What Are the Disadvantages of Wearing Invisalign Trays While Sleeping?
• Invisalign trays are not designed for long-term use and can become loose or uncomfortable if worn during sleep.
• Wearing Invisalign trays while sleeping could cause damage to the Invisalign trays, leading to them needing to be replaced more frequently.
• Night-time Invisalign trays may be more expensive than standard Invisalign trays.
In conclusion, it is possible to sleep with Invisalign trays, but it is not recommended for standard Invisalign trays. If you would like to sleep in your Invisalign trays, then it’s best to invest in the night-time Invisalign trays which provide better protection and a more secure fit than standard Invisalign trays.
Q: How long should I wear Invisalign trays?
A: You should wear your Invisalign trays for 22 hours every day, taking them out only when eating or drinking something other than water.
Q: Are Invisalign trays comfortable to wear overnight?
A: Yes, Invisalign’s night-time Invisalign trays are designed to be comfortable and provide a better fit than standard Invisalign trays.
Q: Is it safe to wear Invisalign trays while sleeping?
A: It is not recommended to sleep in standard Invisalign trays, but night-time Invisalign trays are designed for sleeping in and provide the best protection and results.