Do you have a chipped or broken tooth? Then, Dental Crowns can be your best solution! A Dental Crown is actually a tooth-shaped cap that your dentist permanently seats over a damaged tooth to cover it. Crowns revive the size, shape and strength of the chipped tooth and also enhance its appearance.
Before we dive into the cost section, let’s find out the types of Crowns available.
Types of Crowns
- Crowns made of base-metal alloys (such as cobalt-chromium and nickel-chromium alloys)
- Stainless steel crowns
- Gold or platinum crowns
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns (can be color-adjusted to your neighboring teeth)
- All resin crowns
- Zirconia crowns
- All ceramic crowns
- All porcelain crowns (perfect for those who have metal allergies)
What’s the Cost of Dental Crowns?
Generally speaking, dental caps or crowns can range in cost from $500 to $1500, or more per crown. The cost varies based on the material used and the preparation process.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns can cost you$500-$1,500or more per tooth.
- Metal crowns of gold alloy or of base metal alloys can cost$600-$2,500or more per tooth.
- And All-porcelain crowns can cost$800-$3,000or more per tooth.
In some cases a core build-up is needed to safeguard the integrity of the tooth before a crown is positioned.
At times the dentist may perform a gingivectomy or minor gum surgery. In this case, a part of the gums are contoured in the mouth to ensure better aesthetics or prognosis of the tooth/teeth. In teeth with heavy decay or large nerves, you may require a root canal, and the overall cost of the process could increase.
Book an appointment at TRU Dentistry Austin and save on your Crowns
If you’re in the search of a ‘Dentist near me’ in Austin, TX to learn more about Crowns for you, then call us at TRU Dentistry Austin. No Insurance? No Problem! Our TRU Club is here to help lower the cost! Our Dentist in Austin will surely provide you the best treatment and care. Don’t live in pain, call to schedule today!